Saturday, April 22, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....


Phew... I feel better.

Tomorrow we return home to central PA and I am ok with that. I guess that is the ultimate test for a good break, is it not? Can I return home now better than I was when I left? The answer from here is 'yes'. I could even say that I am ready to go. I have absolutely NO desire to be here when the real influx of tourists begins to file into this two-laned barrier island.

What a great time though - I think I covered all the bases:
STUDY - Read a couple of books, planned out sermons through December (NOT the details, just the texts), organized a couple of Sunday School classes I had taught so that if need be I could do it again, completed a few small projects that were constantly in my 'to do' drawer.

FAMILY - Walks, trip to the lighthouse and a park, The Boy in a swing at the playground, 'chases' around the upstairs of the spacious house we are in, actually hanging out with TDH and not just bumping into him in the hallways a couple of times a day.

EATS - Carolina BBQ, seafood, coffee and real bagels (they just do not have those where I live in PA), STEAK on the grill.

We drive home on a Sunday which for me is always a weird thing. I encourage others to go to church when they are away and yet a Sunday off feels soooooo good - even if I will be driving through most of it.

Have a great Sunday friends, whether you be in church or other. For now, I am out of here... have a good night and a blessed tomorrow.

Currituck Sound

9 comments:

suniieee said...

cool pictures

will smama said...

Thanks. The top one is my husband and son at the top of the bridge. The next two my husband took. He rarely takes shots without people in them, but I thought those two were great.

Songbird said...

Lovely pictures. I'm glad you had a good time. Safe travels!

Quotidian Grace said...

They are great pictures and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

Purechristianithink said...

The guy who did our premarital counseling sternly instructed my husband to make sure I did NOT go to church when I was on vacation. I often do anyway, but I thought it was an interesting bit of advice.

Lorna said...

gorgeous photos. you sound rested and that's brilliant too :)

St. Casserole said...

Carolina BBQ? Yippee! Best in Country!

Glad you are home. Glad you got a Sunday off even if you spent the day driving.

will smama said...

pcit - that is interesting advice. Did he mean at the church you are serving or any church? I love worshiping with my family as a normal person (although I do always end up taking something from the bulletin or service that I liked). I am even taking a Sunday off this year on purpose to go and see a preacher in a neighboring town who I hear is amazing (he is also a friend, but of course I have never heard him preach).

cheesehead said...

I did not go to church on Easter 2 this year, but I had a really great excuse: I was on an airplane.

Flying back from, y'know, the Atlantic coast. Or the other one. I forget which. (wink)