Monday, March 20, 2006

Red Whine

This clearly falls in the category of slfwip (silly, little, first-world, insignificant problem).

My husband does not drink. He grew up in a conservative home and definitely still carries around some of the 'alcohol is evil' foundation he was brought up with. He also does not like how it tastes.

I know there are plenty of women who would do anything to be able to state: "My husband does not drink." I am really not complaining, I promise.

Yet every once in awhile I wish there was someone to share a glass of red with after a long, strenuous day. Somehow Sierra Mist just does not have the same effect.

8 comments:

Purechristianithink said...

We could start a Friday Night Wine Blogging Event .. . . or maybe we should make is Sunday around 8pm?

will smama said...

Yes, Sunday - 8:15 so I can be sure munchkin is in bed.

cheesehead said...

works for me!

Quotidian Grace said...

Brilliant!

Sunday Night Wine Blogging would definitely help me get through our Sunday evening committee and session meetings.

And this coming Sunday is session meeting.

Preacher Mom said...

I grew up with the same influences as your husband, plus I don't like the taste either. That being said, I wish I could enjoy a nice glass of wine after a long or trying day!!

will smama said...

QG - Sunday night meetings are bru-tal. I am sure there will come a day when I will have to suck it up and do it, but right now I cannot imagine functioning at a high level when that is night for 'Brain o' Mush'.

As for Sunday night wine blogging I am open to anythign that will keep me from having to check off the majority of questions you find on any good AA brochure.

DO you drink alone? Check.
Do you hide your drinking from other people in your home? Check. (Well, not really, but you get the drift.)

Purechristianithink said...

Of course, 8:15 in Pennsylvania is 5:15 in California, which could pose a problem for my Lenten bible study group which doesn't meet until 7 . . .

Kathryn said...

Hang on....what time are we at here, then?? cos my 8.15 Sunday might land some of you in rather a mess, I fear, but I DEFINITELY want to be part of this!
Hugs xx