Sunday, March 26, 2006

Eery

I am in no way making a direct comparison.

While working on a fake 'Jerusalem Times' newspaper for our Sunday School class I took a break and scanned the internet a bit. I landed at CNN and read a bit about the Afghan man man who converted to Christianity (17 years ago) and may be put to death for it.

The link above is a different article about it but when I looked the expanded headline said:
Under Mounting Foreign Pressure President Harmid Kazai searches for a way to free Rahman without angering Muslim clerics who have called for him to be killed."

I then flipped over to what I had been working on for the Sunday School class and it said:
Under Pressure from Family Pontius Pilate searches for a way to free Jesus without angering the religious leaders who have called for him to be killed.

It gave me chills.

5 comments:

Quotidian Grace said...

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it--George Santayana.

Eerie or prophetic?

A. Lin said...

How very strange. Thanks for sharing.

see-through faith said...

thanks. we talked about this in our Apologetics class today. It's sometimes hard to stand up for right as both cases show.

Hope you are doing well?

Songbird said...

That is absolutely eerie.

Being Shielded said...

Can you say "hit over the head"?

Spooky.