Thursday, February 23, 2006

Random Thursday Thoughts

I'm babysitting again today.

TDH is off moving his parents into their new home... 15 minutes away from us.

My mother-in-law is a judgmental conservative who questions me on just about everything I do or say. Basically, her son was supposed to be the minister in the family, not his wife.
Every time TDH talks to her she asks if I do anything around the house. Every time he explains to her that I am the bread winner in our family and I do just plenty.

Every. Time.

And yet it is a good thing they are moving closer. It will be easier to check in on them as their health has been very shaky in recent years. I worry for TDH though. They put a lot of burden on him.

-----------------

My addendum to the Olympics mini-rant is to ask Scott Hamilton and Dick Button to tone it down just a little bit. I mean, do we really need three commentators when there is only one person on the ice? Scott and Dick, my nostalgia loves you but it is time to ssssshhhhhh.

-----------------

I love that having a one year old in the house means there are always plenty of graham crackers here. Graham crackers and milk is our favorite snack. And it makes me feel like a real Mom to sit at the table and eat them with him.

-----------------

I realize that there are a lot of societal reprecussions to the lottery. And who knows what will happen to the folks who just won in Nebraska. All I want to say is that I love that eight folks from a meat packing plant won the durn thing. And I love that the one guy said, "I've been retired for about four days now."

It just seems like an IRS manager or a Senator or an NBA basketball player are always winning those things... these folks seem like eight that could use the break.

------------------

Jo(e) made me cry today. I hope I will one day get to a point where I only think about The Boy's older sister once a year... well, maybe not.

------------------

I happen to know for a fact that right now the newsletter article and Sunday's sermon are NOT writing themselves.

5 comments:

Songbird said...

My loss was almost as long ago as hers, and although the feelings are not as sharp as they were, I certainly think of it more often than once a year.
I'm sorry the in-laws are difficult.

Teri said...

i prefer graham crackers and frosting--any kind of frosting that comes out of a can and is nothing but sugar--to milk. BUT, in Egypt, no graham crackers, no frosting, and milk in boxes (weird).

Mary Beth said...

O - my - goodness

on the in-laws.

You are gonna have an opportunity to practice some real forbearance.

You lucky gal!

see-through faith said...

(((wills mama)))

RuthRE said...

Oh inlaws....I've always felt sorry for my mother for my own paternal grandparents!