Tuesday, February 28, 2006

'Four' Emerald Palace

Because she is procrastinating, I will too...

I was tagged ages ago for this and I’m doing it now:

Four jobs I've had:

1. I worked at my Dad’s restaurant for a long time. If I really had to I could manage your chicken, ribs and seafood place. Just let me know. The specialty were these things called ‘Tasty Taters’ – wedges of potato with the skin still on breaded and then fried. Good. I think my Dad fired me from there about 8 times.

2. I worked at Marshalls for about a week. After working for my Dad it was hard to work for the official, corporate world.

3. I worked at Sports Authority for a little bit while in seminary, but left for similar reasons to #2. Plus all I wanted to do was hang out on the floor and maybe work register. Instead they put me in the back to count money, something I am TERRIBLE at. Somehow putting me in a dark room with no one else and making me do math was not exactly what I was looking for.

4. Chaplain at a Psychiatric Hospital. I have got some stories for you, but basically I came out of it thinking that when it comes to ministry I wish everyone had a folder where I could go look up what their issues are.

Four movies I could watch over and over again:

1. Notting Hill
2. The Natural
3. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls I know, it's embarrassing, but there is one scene in here that cracks me up every. time. It is when Ace is by the cave and he is told that the animal he is looking for is a bat... he freaks out. For me it's a great silly movie.
4. The Muppet Movie Where else is 'Presbyterian' a punchline?

Four places I've lived:

1. Central, shore NJ
2. West coast Florida
3. Central Florida
4. Central PA

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. The Office
2. My Name is Earl
3. NFL football
4. Lazy Sunday afternoon baseball

Four places I've been on vacation:

1. London/Scotland/Wales
2. Hawaii
3. Da Beach
4. Maine

Four websites I visit daily:

1. revgalblogpals
2. set free
3. cnn
4. jo(e)

Four of my favorite foods:

1. A really good New England clam chowder. TDH and I made finding this our mission during our February vacation in Maine.
2. lobster and crab
3. Homemade onion rings from The Circus Drive In
4. A good steak


Four places I'd rather be right now:

1. Da Beach
2. Da Bed
3. Da massage table
4. Da lottery office picking up my winnings (would help if I played)

No tags, I figure if you wanted to do it by now you would have.

13 comments:

Lorna said...

"when it comes to ministry I wish everyone had a folder where I could go look up what their issues are. "

think it would help me if I had that kind of folder on me ?

mz said...

So much to say...

1) I am so glad that my procrastinating could inspire your procrastinating which in turn helped me procrastinate even more...unless it wasn't my procrastinating that inspired you in which case...never mind.

2) Of the 4 places you listed where you have lived, I have lived in all four...only three of them at the same time as you...that should be a record or something.

3) PROPS on getting a pic of the Circus!!

4) Well...there was more but I don't remember since ADD has kicked in and I just spotted a shiny Hershey's Kiss under the corner of my cube wall.

mz said...

Mmmm....yummy chocolate...

yeah...so...I meant in #2 up there "only three of them NOT at the same time as you".

will smama said...

Lorna, I don't even want to peek into my folder. The issues I already know I have are bad enough!

will smama said...

mz -
1) tweren't you
2) a record... or weird
3) mmmmmm, Circus...

apstraight said...

Wow- that Circus place looks Really good- is that a fried crab on the web site?

And since onion rings are officially not dessert (which I have only 8 more hours to eat and am FREAKING OUT, which is why it is a good idea for me to give this up for a while), when are we going? I'm thinking that if I can make it 20 days, we should go.

whoops. Think I just opened my folder for everyone to see.
Thanks.

Songbird said...

As long as nobody has one of those folders on me...

will smama said...

APS - Unfortunately they are only open during the summer or believe me I would have already found you, picked you up, and we'd be on an onion ring road trip right now! I hear they have good desserts, but I usually get two orders of onion rings and justify that by NOT getting dessert.

cheesehead said...

There are folders about me in at least three different states...

Gord said...

AS long as those folders aren't kept in police files that may be alright cheesehead. But I am with will smama--I have no desire to see what might be in mine (besides it might disurb my carefully built up wall of denial--and it is cracked enough as it is)

Lorna said...

really insightful (is that a word?) who needs folders when we have blogs!

be blessed

will smama said...

So I guess no one wants to play the 'Guess What's in my Psychiatric Folder Meme'.

juniper68 said...

If you started that meme, I'd bet you'd get some takers. After all, aren't all of us who blog - on some level -exhibitionists? Why would we do it otherwise? Of course, I'm not talking about MYSELF or anything now.....