Saturday, February 11, 2006

Celebratory Five Meme

Oh yeah, baby! I finally finished my five devotionals for the Ordinary Time book. Thank you Reverend Mommy and other editors for not coming after me with torches and clubs.

In celebration I have had this baby sitting around for awhile now, thanks to songbird...

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Than add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
Right... I’m so late on this that I am guessing everyone who wanted to be tagged for this, already has been. If not, consider yourself tagged.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
February, 1996? I was flying high and starting to plan our wedding (yeah, yeah and the marriage too). We met in September, we were engaged February 1 and we got married on August 24th. That’s right, we were married before we knew each other for a year.
Hey, when you know, you know.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Arriving home with a very sore belly and a newborn. It was unseasonably warm here so after months of debate over what The Boy would wear home he ended up in a onesie, a hat, and the cover over the baby seat. I rode in the back with him and I still remember TDH and I marveling that they had let us leave with the little guy. I mean what the heck did we know about babies?!

Five snacks you enjoy
1. Peppermint ice cream
2. Fig Newtons (especially on long car trips)
3. French Onion Soup
4. Applesauce cake (Gram recipe)
5. Late night brownies and milk (a late night, rare treat when TDH and I both stay up too late and have rumblies in our tumblies)

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics
1. You May be Right – Billy Joel
2. The Last Duet – Barry Manilow & Lilly Tomlin
3. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…) I actually sang this to The Boy when he was a baby and I was in a panic. I couldn’t think of anything else.
4. A LOT of the first verses of hymns
5. Wild Thing by Tone Loc (it was popular when I was in college)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
1. Get us and as many of our friends and family as possible out of debt
2. Beach house… I can smell the ocean air already.
3. Assist my friend in the pregnancy/adoption process
4. Hire a cleaning service - Yikes, I am burning through this million pretty quick
5. Buy my pick up truck back

Five bad habits
1. Chewing my fingers
2. Cynicism
3. Staying up too late
4. Late afternoon procrastination
5. Flicking on the bedroom tv even when I am just running up to change my clothes

Five things you like doing
1. blogging
2. watching tv. There, I wrote it. I like tv.
3. knitting
4. Playing with The Boy – especially after a long day at work.
5. Getting a massage

Five things you would never wear again
1. Mini-skirt (oh, you said again. I’m not sure I ever wore one of those. )
2. Drop waist dress. There was a time when I looked good in that… this is no longer that time.
3. Halter tip (low risk there since the last time I wore one I was 5
4. My old glasses – lense popped out and left earpiece missing… oh yeah, did I forget to mention the thick purple frames?
5. Rings on my left ring finger

Five favorite toys
1. Laptop
2. Digital camera, although my Mom is annoyed this will mean not too many professional pictures of her grandson
3. Netflix!! Although my husband is one of those frugal guys who wants us to make sure it remains a 'good deal' so we have to watch the movies right away so we can send it back and get a new one whereas I am like 'oooh, a movie just came in the mail! How cool is that?!?!'
4. The Boy’s SpongeBob Squarepants ball – he screams for joy every time he rolls it to me
5. My foam mattress bed especially now in winter that it has flannel sheets on it. True, not technically toy but I was trying to think of things I couldn’t wait to get into!

Thanks for celebrating with me. I am going to reintroduce myself to my son. I hear he turned one while I was away in overwhelmed land!

5 comments:

Gord said...

February, 1996? I was flying high and starting to plan our wedding (yeah, yeah and the marriage too). We met in September, we were engaged February 1 and we got married on August 24th. That’s right, we were married before we knew each other for a year.
Hey, when you know, you know.


I know what you mean. We met on the last Thursday of September engaged March 16, and were married the following Labour Day weekend. Mind you we were faster on the baby thing--it was a profitable wedding weekend shall we say...

Songbird said...

I didn't know the ring finger story. How did I miss that? Oy.
I'm glad you finished the other work. How 'bout a sermon for tomorrow? Any chance of a snow day where you are?

will smama said...

Sermon is done. Is it wrong that I don't want to 'waste' it on a smaller crowd. I wish I had one in the hole to use tomorrow instead, but one of the bummer's about still being in the first ordained call is that don't have too much in reserve.

When you live across the parking lot from the church can you really call a snow day?

juniper68 said...

Bummer about the no-snow-day problem.

I just read your 100 things for the first time, too. Sorry about your finger (Sorry about your finger! God! That's SO LAME! Ok, I give up having a shred of human empathy, then.) But in your list, though, the part I was gladdest to find was the chocolate thing. I'm the only OTHER woman who doesn't....

Songbird said...

I think you can if the conditions are dangerous for others. If I lived in our parsonage that would be me! They never cancelled in those old days. But my older folks really don't want to come out if there is even a little snow. And they feel a little guilty if they miss church.