Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Adventures in Babysitting?

I have posted previously about my strained relationships with other women.

Yesterday in the midst of the frazzle (see post right below this one) a woman called asking for TDH. It was about church stuff. When I explained that he was not there she said, "Oh, are you babysitting today?"

ouch.

I know I am a tad bit unconventional, but I am still The Boy's M-O-M-M-Y.

Yet another reason why I should have stopped and bought a bottle of wine.

10 comments:

juniper68 said...

ouch.

I'd give you a (((hug))), but I know you hate that.


:) jen

PS: Good idea about the vagueness before. Hmm, I never thought of that......

PPS: my secret code to post this comment is INSPMJ - sounds like it could be my new Myers Briggs id.....

Songbird said...

How 'bout a hearty, yet sympathetic, thump on the back?

will smama said...

Friends may certainly hug.

Thanks.

Songbird said...

Well, allright, then.
(((will smama)))

juniper68 said...

and another

((())))

HeyJules said...

(((and one from me as well)))

Gord said...

Oddly, I have yet to be asked if I am, you know, babysitting. THere are two mornings a month when I have one of the girls (since mom is at playgroup with the other) and then other times for appointments etc. I have always been parenting. Maybe the change is actually in the wind...

Sue said...

(((hugs)))

will smama said...

It is Thursday and I am 'babysitting' again today. Instead of insulting me you would think they might start asking me when I plan on working?

see-through faith said...

bottle of wine for the baby ??? grin

ouch ouch ouch

(((for you)))