Friday, January 27, 2006

Lame Friday Night Poetry

The hubby is at a lock-in.
The Boy is in Bed.
The sermon is typed,
and not stuck in my head.

I could go to bed now.
Sleep would be the reason.
But instead Sex in the City;
I've seen all but the sixth season.

The dvd's should be returned,
the nighttime me explains it.
For now it is okay,
but the morning me will hate it.

It will be a good change
since I cannot blame my blog.
For what will surely be
tomorrow's sleepy fog.

So goodnight my dear friends
please no need to rise,
for this horrific rhyme
is done (and I apologize).

6 comments:

juniper68 said...

thanks for the late night giggle
:)

see-through faith said...

laughing :) You are GREAT

Songbird said...

Your sermon is typed? Good for you. Not so good for me, since mine is not...

will smama said...

It is typed because the hubby will want to sleep off the lock-in so The Boy, Gram and I are headed to Ikea. I didn't want an unfinished sermon to be weighing on me during a day that I want to enjoy.

ppolarbear said...

Ooh, sex in the city...a guilty pleasure of mine, too.

Songbird said...

Well, I had a dog club event in a neighboring state followed by a 75th birthday party for the grandfather of my children, and mine was still not typed (although certainly thought through) until about 9:30 last night. At least it was done then, and I went to bed before 10.
I hope you had fun at IKEA!!