Wednesday, December 14, 2005

What I Love

It is a stressful time here. I have posted previously about a family who left the church. Unfortunately they have not left the business of the church and he especially remains in contact with a vocal minority mostly about what I’m doing wrong. A called Session meeting is in the works… the silent majority is running out of time to speak up.

In the height of the chaos of Advent and Christmas, I am now also polishing up my PIF (resume for you non-PCUSA’ers). Needless to say I have got a lot of bitter to blog… but I’m not going to blog bitter (at least not now).

Reverendmother has done a couple of 'What I Love' posts and that is really what I want to focus on right now:

I love…

... TDH and The Boy.

... My friends.

…Sunday afternoons after the parking lot is cleared and lunch at our house has been served. It is quiet. It is peaceful. And because Monday is my day off, my brain is usually at ease.

…The Boy in his dark blue sweatshirt. It just makes him look all boy and yet cute and cuddly at the same time.

… hugs and kisses when I come in from the office whether it be just for lunch or at the end of the day.

…how excited The Boy gets when he hears a familiar voice coming in the door and how that excitement doubles when he sees them poke their head around the corner.

… homemade macaroni and cheese.

… Christmas cookies and the smell of a house that has been baking them.

… Christmas Eve.

…That as the dark clouds have been forming over this latest controversy and TDH and I realize that the writing is not quite on the wall yet, but magic markers may be opening he says to me, “Don’t worry. We need to buy a house anyway.” (We live in a manse.)

…This ‘quiet’ moment of coffee, baby babble (in the distance as he plays) and blog (I am posting this later than I wrote it).

…That now much later in the evening, The Boy is sleeping and ‘Moonstruck’ is on the television.

... My winter-themed flannel sheets.

... Peppermint ice cream. It is seasonal which is disappointing, but that does make its reappearance at the end of November and finding that random half gallon in the back of the grocery store freezer in late February oh sooooooo good.

What do you love?

11 comments:

net said...

Holding you up in prayer!

Quotidian Grace said...

I'm so sorry about the conflicts at your church.

Here's a compliment for you. We are using A Light Blazes in our weekly staff meetings for our devotionals during Advent.(Everyone has a copy!) Yesterday's was the one you wrote based on Mary's Magnificat.

I had to pass the kleenex. Our church secretary's daughter has been in fertility treatment and just lost both a pregnancy and a fallopian tube to an ectopic pregnancy. Your devotion was very encouraging to her and to all of us. Thank you.

Bad Alice said...

I love peppermint icecream, too! And Christmas lights, and warm eggnog.

I'm sorry for the tough time you're going through and am happy that you can find time to reflect on the good. A prayer is going up.

Songbird said...

Well, how about a big hug for you!
Good for you for loving in the midst of chaos and uncertainty.

Girl said...

I know this is turning into a cliche...but...

cereal.

I love cereal.

Girl said...

And I love lamp.





:)

Mary Beth said...

Hugging you. I love hearing what you love...I adore peppermint ice cream, myself!

Sue said...

((hugs))

Sorry to hear of your congregational woes. But a big round of applause to you for looking on the positive side of things and sharing what you love. (I'm hearing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life......whistle, whistle.." from Life of Brian)

I adore peppermint ice cream -- especially when it also has chocolate chunks in it.

Lorna said...

(((Will smama)))

hugs and prayers

I bless you in the Mighty Name of Jesus.

Apostle John said...

Finally, a woman who loves flannel sheets. Of course, my wife may have a point in saying that flannel is not the fabric for Miami, still...

will smama said...

Thanks all for your well wishes. A called Session meeting is set for Thursday night. That's right, two days before Christmas Eve.

Thank you sir, may I have another?