Saturday, November 19, 2005

Serendipitous Laziness

The woman who usually does our children's sermons told me on Friday she wouldn't be there. I have been attempting to slowly climb up the mountain that is my 'to-do' list for now through December 26th so in a whim of laziness and stubborness I sent out a mass email to my congregation: Would anyone like to give it a try?

No one wrote back, but last night TDH and I went to see some of the high school kids we know who are in a Shakespeare Troupe perform. One of the siblings of a Trouper was there and she said she would like to do it. She is in the 8th grade.

How cool! Now I am really glad I decided to send out an SOS and I'm willing to bet that hers will be far more thought out than mine would have been.

Yeah God!

3 comments:

cheesehead said...

You have someone else to do the children's sermon???

Lucky.

will smama said...

I realize that on paper this seems lucky. And it is true that I have not fought the system because a) it's nice to not have to worry about the children's sermon every week and b)I don't want the woman who does it to leave the church (I'm not kidding).

But sometimes I wish there was more flexibility there.

Songbird said...

I always do them, and I am just about always winging it. We don't have a whole lot of kids some weeks, and when they are all three years old, I do something different than when I also have 8 elementary school kids on hand. I hate to ask anyone else to plan anything for the exact same reason.

I see what you mean, though, about being locked into the system.