Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Matter of Life and Death - well....

Okay, not really. And after going almost a whole week without a post, what an odd thing to grab my attention, but people I must know your opinions!

In your humble opinion, is MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY the sexiest man alive?

Is this all that we have left now that Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise have both gone to the dark side of infidelity and lunacy (not necessarily in that order, but probably)?
Did Jude Law make one to many bad movies and 'Alfie' his way right out of consideration?
Is Harry Connick Jr. too music-oriented or too charitable?
Mel Gibson too conservative and covered in fake blood?
Harrison Ford too old (and a bit sad with the earring)?
Clint Eastwood too genius?
Pierce Bronson too (let's interrupt this rant for a moment to imagine ourselves in the role of Renee Russo in The Thomas Crowne Affair............ mmmm)

Anyway, I digress....

Matthew McConaughey? Have you heard him give an interview - dude is weird! And not just Texas-weird (hello reverend mother, quotidian grace and others I just offended - hopefully you know what I mean, if not... sorry ;)).

People rally around and tell me:

Who IS the sexiest man alive?

(And consider this amnesty on having to list your significant other. We'll just consider it a given).

18 comments:

Pink Shoes said...

Hmmm... what a good question. I'll think about it -- and what fun thinking it will be...

Quotidian Grace said...

The dude is weird. A grown man who has to cavort on the field with the UT cheerleaders and the frat boys who shoot the cannon everytime the team scores is definitely weird. That makes him not so sexy in my book--Texan or not!

Susie said...

I'm with Quotidian Grace... he is weird.

I vote for Will Smith. I love him, and he seems to be happily married and a good dad.

will smama said...

oooooh, Will Smith - excellent choice.

And ain't it so true that women are attracted to fidelity and turn from those Hollywood hunks when they turn from their wives (see: Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner, Tom Cruise, etc...).

Songbird said...

Alan Rickman, hands down. That voice! Ahhh. Did you see him as Colonel Brandon in "Sense and Sensibility?" What was wrong with that silly Marianne?
Wait, was that me?

Bad Alice said...

Songbird--You are soooo right! Alan Rickman IS the sexiest man alive.

And Colin Firth.

Sigh. There's something about British men . . .

cheesehead said...

Right now I'd have to say Patrick Dempsey aka Dr. McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy.
(What, eyes too blue? Features too craggy for those fools at People?)

Um...except for the infidelity part, but that's just his character, not him. In reality he married his best friend's mom, but hey, we all make mistakes. Haven't heard of any naked bongo playing lately.

A close second: Dylan McDermott. I likes me Irish boys.

reverendmother said...

I have a special place in my heart for Matthew McConaughey. I think it's the weirdness that's part of it!

But the sexiest man alive is Ewan McGregor.

juniper68 said...

Well, I admit I still have that same geeky school girl crush on Matthew Broderick that I've always had.

But when I'm feeling grown-up, totally Alan Rickman, especially when it's him reciting Neruda poetry in Truly, Madly, Deeply.

Kathryn said...

oh....Colin Firth AND Alan Rickman AND my favourite favourite film all in one series of comments..
It's almost too much. I can't concentrate to type...I think Alan wins, by a short head, but I'm happy to watch Pride and Prejudice a few more times to be sure :-)

Girl said...

Taye Diggs...

...yummmmm....

Oh my gosh and Thomas Crowne affair is the sexiest movie EVAH!!

will smama said...

Alan Rickman? Are we sure? I guess after seeing him in Die Hard I never thought of him in that way. Huh.

And, umm, err, Kathryn - I'm not sure Mr. Rickman would appreciate your description of how you chose him over Colin Firth.

Remember when Hugh Grant was high on our lists. He's another one who has dropped due to his personal life. Yech.

Elizabeth said...

I'd have to agree with the pick of Matthew McConaughey. Something about his smile.

I will also ditto Colin Firth and Taye Diggs.

Paul Bettany, Heath Ledger...

I could go on!

Bad Alice said...

Kathryn: If I were in England we could get together and watch Pride and Prejudice straight through. Sigh.

Allison said...

Colin Firth or Gabriel Byrne. I love the quiet middle-aged men with British accents.

I've always been revolted by Matthew McConaghy.

reverendmother said...

I also love Ralph Fiennes.

Mind you he is not always sexy in the roles he plays (Amon Goeth? Voldemort?), because he plays roles with a great deal of range... but he himself has that mysterious intellectual brooding thing going.

see-through faith said...

Harrison Ford too old (and a bit sad with the earring)?

just made me laugh

be blessed :)

the reverend mommy said...

OK, I'm with reverendmother -- Ralph Fiennes. Most definitely. Or maybe his brother Joseph. Yes, most definetly Joseph. It's the eyelashes. And the brooding dark agnst. I loved him as Luther.

Richard Dean Anderson? Na-a-a-ah.