Friday, October 21, 2005

RevGalBlogPal Friday Five

1) What was the last CD you purchased?
Bruce Springsteen’s The Rising

2) Did you like it?
Yes. Especially Track #10, The Fuse, which proves you can be married for awhile and have kids and still have ‘it’.

3) Is it the kind of music you would call your favorite?
Not really. Bruce and Bon Jovi are kind of a NJ allegiance thing. I like them both enough, but they are not my favorite. Not sure if I have a favorite, it depends very much on the mood I am in. I am also very much aware that I have only barely glimpsed all that the musical world has to offer. I am very mainstream and I am using a lot of revgalblogpal recommendations to open my ears to more.

4) What was the first album (CD for you youngsters) you ever owned?
It was an album, and it was Free to Be You and Me by Marlo Thomas and Friends. If you’ve heard it, you get it; if not I cannot explain it.

5) And what was your favorite cut from that recording?
Songs: It’s Alright to Cry (Rosey Grier) and Parents are People (Harry Belafonte)
Narratives: Boy Meets Girl (Mel Brooks and Marlo Thomas) and Atlanta (Alan Alda and Marlo Thomas)

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

We had the book for Free to Be You and Me... I loved looking at the page for 'Parents are People" and figuring out what all the different people in the pictures did.

Gord said...

WE had both the book and the album (most of which my dad put onto a tape). I plan/hope to "liberate" the book and tape when we visit the homestead at New Year's.

Actually I was wishing I had them this summer. I had thought of using the title song for our camp theme (which was "Dare to Be").