Friday, September 09, 2005

Unoriginal 100

Oh yeah. Not only am I jumping on the bandwagon, but I am jumping on the bandwagon WELL AFTER the trend is over. A - thank you!

1) I am 5’10”
2) I have hazel eyes.
3) I have been married for 9 years.
4) I don’t often get mushy.
5) He is truly God’s gift to undeserving me.
6) I am often humbled by it.
7) But even more often take it for granted.
8) I have 10 toes.
9) And 9 fingers.
10) Kids always notice this.
11) Most adults do not.
12) My wedding rings got caught on an immovable object.
13) It lead to my first ride in a helicopter.
14) Life certainly goes on, but I still miss it.
15) My nieces and nephews think it’s cool.
16) I wish it hadn’t happened just about every day.
17) It is not the worst thing that has happened to me.
18) I can’t share yet but to say…
19) My first is actually my second.
20) Drastically changing tones – I love sports.
21) Playing ‘em and watching ‘em.
22) Because of where I live I am trying but I still say,
23) NASCAR is not a sport.
24) I love football.
25) The NY GIANTS are my favorite NFL team.
26) The Chicago Cubs are my favorite baseball team but
27) I really just love baseball in general.
28) Especially the playoffs.
29) Although I stay up way too late to watch.
30) And drag around all day basically during the entire month of October.
31) I played flag football in seminary.
32) And loved it more than any of my classes.
33) Me having a Masters degree in anything is proof that God exists.
34) And is further proof that this truly is my Call.
35) Despite the current condition of this week’s sermon.
36) I have a dog.
37) And one cat.
38) I used to have 2.
39) For awhile we had five.
40) But that was short-lived.
41) And crossed the line from pet owners to
42) Wacky couple with the five cats!
43) I have one sister.
44) She is younger.
45) And funnier.
46) And reading this :)
47) I was mean to her growing up.
48) Now I’m sorry.
49) But also happy to have the sermon illustrations.
50) But really sorry.
51) I played softball in college.
52) You know how good guys look in baseball uniforms?
53) Women do not.
54) It’s a hips in polyester thing.
55) I learned the bigger the boobs
56) and the butt,
57) the farther the ball goes.
58) I hit no home runs then.
59) But since having a child probably could now.
60) If the boobs and butt thing were the only requirements.
61) I am an extrovert.
62) In a lonely introverted solo pastor setting.
63) I look forward to the day when I once again work with a staff.
64) I grew up on the NJ shore.
65) But I was never a beach bum.
66) I took it for granted.
67) And now I miss the sounds and the smells.
68) I like it most off-season.
69) I have a secret desire to learn how to knit.
70) But I am embarrassed to ask my Mom to teach me.
71) I think I’m the only woman on the planet who doesn’t really like chocolate.
72) I’m sorry.
73) Just think that’s more for you!
74) I majored in Religious Studies.
75) But wished I didn’t.
76) Seminary was a repeat of a lot of it.
77) So I should have majored in Sociology
78) Or Psychology
79) Or Business
80) Or Theater instead.
81) I had AKMA in college.
82) And Seminary.
83) If you know him
84) You envy me.
85) If you know me.
86) You pity him.
87) In high school I rang hand bells for my church.
88) It was a big deal then.
89) Sometimes it bums me out that no one really cares now.
90) We were really good.
91) Toured this country and England.
92) Anyone?
93) Oh well.
94) I don’t read as much as I should.
95) My best friends are a favorite side dish.
96) I have a pak n’ play in my office.
97) And very often my dog.
98) I am hooked on other people’s blogs.
100) My sermon still is not written.

Seriously people, it is time for sermon! Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

mz said...

Your sister knows you are sorry, has long forgiven and thinks you are the funnier one.

Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Girl said...

What side dishes are your best friends?

See here.

will smama said...

Side dish was not the right phrase. Side item would have been better.

Girl said...

Alas...still cryptic.

I played handbells, too. Although, it wasn't as big of a deal as your experience was.