Monday, September 05, 2005

Breathe Deep...

Good morning to all but especially to my new gal blog pals. Everyone in church leadership was on my heart yesterday. It is amazing how a community of folks that I only met about 2 weeks ago were embedded in my thoughts and my prayers. I know you only by nicknames: songbird, the reverends mother and mommy, quotodian grace, first year, etc... and yet you all were on my heart.

I pray that the Holy Spirit continues to work through the Words and Worship of yesterday.

I pray that today is a day of respite and deep breathes and renewal; whether that renewal comes from a nap, a good book, quiet time, or friends and family.

I pray for all of you, good and faithful servants. Well done.

5 comments:

Pink Shoes said...

And may you feel the power of prayer being returned to you -- what a gift to be part of this community.

Songbird said...

It really is. I was thinking back last night that a year ago, really even the first of this year, I didn't know any of these amazing women. Now I pray daily for them (sometimes almost hourly, as with St. Casserole during this hurricane crisis), and I do believe our community of prayer is strengthening.
As to a nap, I've already had one, and it was beautifully restorative. I wish the same for you.

the reverend mommy said...

Me too.
I feel close to these women, these people and we have never met! What a strange and wonderful thing....

reverendmother said...

Backatcha, babe.

Lorna said...

me too, me too

I love it here - you are so encouraging, inspiring. You make me laugh and cry. You share your lives and snippets of the church and world in which you live.

thank you God for this sweet family